Wednesday, February 25, 2009

OC Restaurant Week, Part Two

I have a feeling that all other restaurants this week are going to have to try to live up to The Loft at Montage! Tonight we went to Mozambique which I LOVE and have been to a couple other times before. I've become addicted to the flavors and spices they use. That's a whole different post though. Also, Mozambique is a very dark restaurant, so my camera and the lighting at the restaurant didn't get along. Sorry for the over-exposed photos. The service at Mozambique was good. My glass was never empty, I know this is one of those places that they encourage you to take your time to eat, but I think the length of time between courses was a little long. The waiter was fine, not memorable, but fine.


This is the Caesar Salad. I should have gotten the Mediterranean Salad instead. Another table had that salad and it looked better. This on was fine, but just salad you know.


I ordered the sirloin. I like my meat well done. Everything was cooked fabulously! The flavor in the meat was fantastic! The asparagus was great, the mushrooms and jus were to die for good!!!


My husband got the peri peri rotisserie chicken and giant prawns with a mango salsa. I make a mango salsa (also for another post). My husbands suggestion was that I make mine chunkier like this. The chicken was so tender. The prawns were great and I LOVE that peri peri dipping sauce (the brown one). Unfortunately, Mozambique isn't selling it anymore. Hopefully, I'll get to the bottom of that someday!


My husband and I discovered Mozambique on our anniversary. It was referred by my husband's co-worker. Anyways, they gave us a complimentary bread pudding dessert on our anniversary. This is one of my least favorite desserts ever. My husband and I, who never turn down food, ate the whole thing. This is the dessert I chose for restaurant week. They make it with toasted macadamia nuts, bananas, white chocolate, and amarula sauce. I got one for my mom to go since she watched our daughter again for us tonight. She said it was sinful! If you go to Mozambique, I do recommend trying it.


I love chocolate. I could eat it for every meal if my body would tolerate that! My husband got this warm potted chocolate cake with coconut ice cream. It was like eating fudge. It was so good.

We have one more restaurant on Friday for restaurant week and I haven't been there before. I'm excited and I'm really excited that this one has wine pairings too.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I've never been here before. Must go!
    I can just picture you (though I don't know what you look like) getting up on a chair and taking a picture of your food. So funny. I do the same thing!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Suz, it wasn't that bad...I tried to be discreet but me and discreet don't get along :)

    ReplyDelete